I made this Vanilla Cinnamon Granola many years ago and until recently had totally forgotten about this gloriously more-ish recipe.
You see, I originally wrote and photographed this granola recipe for a short ebook I created for this blog about 4 years ago. I worked super hard on that ebook, aptly named ‘The Brilliant Brunch Book’ (I sure love an alliterative title), but over time it faded to a distant memory.
As luck would have it, I stumbled across the recipe again this week and upon remembering just how delicious this vanilla cinnamon granola is, I decided to share it on the blog today for both you to enjoy, and for me to reference back to.
Are there any other food bloggers out there that do the same? I totally use my blog as my own personal recipe reference point – I am constantly searching my own blog to re-make my Shakshuka or Kidney Beans recipes.
Anyhow … make this granola. Do it now! It’s super simple to make, you’ve probably got the ingredients in your cupboard, and it makes for a great breakfast cereal and/or snack. I like to pour over some coconut or almond milk at breakfast time. Otherwise you’ll see me sneaking down for my mid-afternoon snack and reaching into the jar for a few nibbles.
This recipe is pretty much done within 20 minutes. I often stick on my favourite podcast to listen to as I meal prep for the week. Making a fresh granola on a Sunday afternoon is definitely one of life’s simple pleasures. That sweet smell of warm vanilla and cinnamon filling the house is alluring. This is comfort cooking at its finest!
You can serve your granola up breakfast style with milk or yoghurt. But it’s also pretty good as a dessert with ice cream.
Vanilla Cinnamon Granola – Serves 8
- 300g Whole Oats
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon (how cute is this spice rack?!)
- Pinch of Coarse Sea Salt
- 125g Light Brown Sugar
- 150g Honey
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 190C (fan-assisted).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the oats, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the brown sugar, honey, oil and vanilla. Microwave the mixture for 1½ minutes on a high heat.
- Whisk the mixture well with a fork before pouring over the oats, stir together until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture out onto a baking sheet tray lined with baking paper. Spread out to about 2cm thick.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the granola to cool slowly as the oven reduces in temperature. Allow at least 2 hours.
- Break up granola into small pieces and store in airtight jars or containers. (I bought these jars recently)
- Serve with natural yoghurt, fresh berries or even crumbled up over your ice cream.
If you like this post, save it for later on Pinterest: