Favourite flavour milkshake? For me, 100% Oreo. Every time. I absolutely love an Oreo milkshake. It’s one of my favourite treats.
When I was asked to work with Oreo on a recipe using one of the flavours range I just knew I had to make a milkshake. Sure, I came up with lots of ideas for pies, tarts, and tray bakes. But my heart is always with an Oreo milkshake.
If I’m totally honest though, I initially thought about jumping on the ‘freakshake’ bandwagon and loading up my milkshake with loads of extra treats. But I decided to stick with the classic milkshake idea and adding a few twists to make a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake in honour of the peanut butter flavour Oreo.
The Oreo flavours range includes Strawberry Cheesecake, Mint, Peanut Butter and new Choc’o Brownie flavour. Each with their own personality, I had to pick the peanut butter because I am the nutty one in my family!
This recipe calls for the Oreo Peanut Butter variety along with some extra peanut butter and chocolate to make this a deliciously decadent drink/dessert.
Oreo Peanut Butter and Chocolate Milkshake (serves 1)
- 2 Oreo Peanut Butter Biscuits
- 250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1tbsp Cocoa
- 1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- 1tbsp (or a good squirt) Squirt-y Cream (optional)
- 10g Peanuts (optional)
- Gold glitter sprinkles (optional)
- Use a blender or food processor to whizz up the 2 Oreos until a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- In a clean blender whizz the peanuts until roughly chopped. Set aside.
- Decorate your milkshake glass by careful pouring chocolate syrup around the rim and then coating with sprinkles. Place the glass in the fridge while you prepare the milkshake.
- In a small cup mix 2 tablespoons of the milk with the cocoa until a smooth paste. Pour the paste into the blender.
- Add half of the Oreo crumb mixture, peanut butter, and half of the milk to the blender. Whizz for 30 seconds until fully combined.
- Add the ice cream to the blender and whizz until just combined but still thick. Add more milk, a little at a time until you get the milkshake consistency you desire.
- Pour milkshake into your prepared glass. Squirt with cream and sprinkle with the remaining Oreo crumble and the chopped nuts.
Hope you enjoy your Oreo Peanut Butter and Chocolate Milkshake!
This post was produced in collaboration with Oreo. As always, words and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Rosalilium.
Read my other food recipes here.