43 Positive Mantras That Will Change Your Life

positive affirmations

Your mind, body and spirit are all intrinsically entwined – you are what you think. The words we think, the words we say, have profound effects on our state of being, mindset, and our actions.

Choosing to surround ourselves with positivity is vital for all-round healthy wellbeing. These are positive mantras that will help get your mind into a positive state.

Some people call them mantras, others call them affirmations.

positive mantras

What is a mantra?

Mantra comes from the Sanskrit for ‘an instrument of thought’. That is, it is a tool to help the mind.

By repeating a mantra to ourselves we affirm it’s meaning, change our thought process, and instil it into our minds.

A mantra meditation can be an incredibly powerful way to alter your mindset. It is an empowering tool to help overcome negative and damaging thoughts.

Mantras tend to be short, simple enough to remember, and easy to repeat.

Raj has one of the original mantras tattooed on his arm:

“Om namah shivaya” which roughly translated means, strength from within. It is thousands of years old and probably one of the most famous Hindu mantras.

How to use the mantras

Choose the mantras that resonate with you. Perhaps the ones you need to build on in your own life. The ones that might jar with you because you don’t truly believe them yet.

Start your day and end it by repeating some of these mantras to help you strengthen and focus your mind.

If you have moments throughout the day where you have a wobble, something happens, or you mind drifts to a negative place, try repeating your mantras to yourself again.

43 Positive Mantras That Will Change Your Life_Rosalilium

43 Positive Mantras That Will Change Your Life

1. I love and approve of myself.

2. Today I am full of energy. With energy, I am filled.

3. I am above negative thoughts and actions. I choose peace and positivity.

4. I am talented and strong, I will make the best of today.

5. I am in control of my life, I choose what I put into it.

6. I forgive those who hurt me in the past and peacefully move on from them.

7. I have the qualities needed to be successful. I will be successful.

8. I am full of creative energy, I welcome all new ideas.

9. My work is growing and thriving. I choose abundance.

10. I choose happiness, I am grateful for everything I have.

11. I can conquer my challenges, my potential to succeed is strong.

12. I have courage, I will stand up for myself.

13. I deserve abundance, I welcome prosperity.

14. I am blessed with a loving family and circle of friends.

15. I am confident and acknowledge my self-worth.

16. Difficult times will pass, I believe in brighter times.

17. The universe will support my dreams, they will manifest.

18. I am beauty, charm and grace.

19. I wake up with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.

20. I am at peace with all that was, all that is, and all that will be.

21. I follow my intuition, it will keep me safe and sound.

22. I trust myself.

23. I am beautiful and smart, and that is how the world sees me.

24. I trust that this day will bring me joy.

25. My thoughts are my reality, so I think of a bright new day.

26. I follow my dreams no matter what.

27. All problems have a solution.

28. Everything works out for the highest good.

29. I am happy in my own skin and my own circumstances.

30. The past has no power over me anymore.

31. Keep your head up and your heart open.

32. I flow easily with new experiences, challenges and people.

33. I am at home in my body. All is well.

34. All that I seek is already within me.

35. I choose to feel good today.

36. Today I will create a wonderful day.

37. I begin and end today with joy and abundance.

38. I am worth loving, there is love all around me.

39. I accept my power.

40. I choose to be present in all that I do.

41. I love challenges and everything I learn from them.

42. My life is unfolding beautifully.

43. May my heart be kind, my mind be fierce, and my spirit be brave.

Good luck!

And I wish you all the love and peace in seeking a positive mindset.

• hannah

I like number 4 best as i can totally relate to that. I am talented and strong

• StressedMum

I found this really interesting, and something that could possibly help me through negative times I go through daily, I am going to be trying this – thank you x

• Sarah Bailey

I love this I used to have a set of cards and I would pick out one every day for that day I miss doing that I might have to try and refind my cards and perhaps donit once a week or month to give more time to reflect on it.

• Louise

These are all amazing mantras! I’ve jotted some of my favourites down to remember when I’m next having a bad day! 🙂

Louise x

• stephanie

I love these! I always try and follow life mantras like these. They’re great at putting me in a good mood for the rest of the day x

• Ali Rost

These are so wonderful. I especially like “Today I will create a wonderful day” Tomorrow when get up, I’m going to practice with this one in mind.

• Anosa

What a lovely idea to tattoo a mantra that resonates with you. Thanks for sharing all these

• Whitney Abigail

Great mantras, I love the positivity! Definitely going to bookmark this page x

• The London Mum

I need to write some of these down. I’m finding with my c section looming closer I’m losing the positive thoughts I need.

• Helen

I’m a big believer in positive mantras and how they can help. My favourite is “because they love me I stand strong” I believe it so much I had it tattooed on me quite a few years ago.

• Baby Isabella

My mummy would love to fill her head and heart with those mantras, sadly she’s got a long way to go but everyone has to start somewhere right?

• Rhian Westbury

I love the idea of mantra’s, they’re nice to just say to yourself when you’re feeling a bit down x

• Joanna

I didn’t tried saying a mantra before but I did hear about how powerful they are and how they can change your life if you believe in them and in what you are saying. You have listed some great ones here.

• Steph

Those are a lot of mantras. I wish I could say 42 applies but it doesn’t and I think it’s apt as I’m in the middle if folding t-shirts!

• MELANIE EDJOURIAN

I know quite a lot of people like to use mantras on a daily basis. I haven’t really been tempted myself I just try to stay positive each day and for me that suffices.

• Tanya Brannan

For Mother’s Day my daughter made me a Journal to chronicle my happiness, Mental Health issues, sleep and alcohol tracker and also positivity page. I love so many of these mantras that I have copied them into my journal so that when my MH is poor or I am having a hard time I can look at them and try and improve my mood and happiness level. I hope that was OK? xx

• Francesca

Matras are one of my favourite sources of wellbeing and self love! I love the ones on your list!

• Mel

I loved this post: full of positivity and great advice. My mantra would definitely be #5!

• Raquel

Thanks for sharing, it’s a great list 🙂 I like to chant my mantras out loud, I find it more powerful.

xx Raquel // Livingwellbee.com

• Alex

These are lovely. What a great list.

• Lorna Scully

Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing post. One that really resinated with me and has definitely been bookmarked.

I will definitely try to adopt some of these mantras in to my everyday routines. You may even see some on http://www.simply-violet.co.uk at some point.

Thanks lovely, can’t wait to see more inspiring posts from you!

Lorna x