I am not so much of a resolutions kinda girl really. I tend to be interested in goal-setting but have found over the years that embracing a Word of the Year has been more beneficial than superfluous New Year’s Resolutions.
However, as I embark on this self-care journey, and embrace the self-centeredness of a positive, intentional lifestyle, I thought it would be helpful to start mapping out some of the things that will help me create a self-care focused year.
For 2017 I have 17 self-care resolutions, or at least 17 self-care activities/mindset shifts that I hope to embrace and take part in.
17 Self-Care Resolutions for 2017
1. Prioritise things that bring me joy (word of the year)
2. Make time for movement
3. Indulge in journalling
4. Start a self-care savings pot
5. Plan mini-breaks with Raj
6. Fill your body with food that makes you feel good
7. Practise mindfulness
8. Get outside every day
9. Say no to things that don’t resonate
10. Take up yoga again
11. Make space for romance
12. Surround yourself with plants
14. Take a digital detox once a season
15. Plan a wedding that feels like a true celebration of love
16. Say yes to friendship
17. Make a difference to yourself first, to make a difference to others