17 Self-Care Resolutions For 2017

I am not so much of a resolutions kinda girl really. I tend to be interested in goal-setting but have found over the years that embracing a Word of the Year has been more beneficial than superfluous New Year’s Resolutions.

However, as I embark on this self-care journey, and embrace the self-centeredness of a positive, intentional lifestyle, I thought it would be helpful to start mapping out some of the things that will help me create a self-care focused year.

17-self-care-resolutions-for-2017

For 2017 I have 17 self-care resolutions, or at least 17 self-care activities/mindset shifts that I hope to embrace and take part in.

17 Self-Care Resolutions for 2017

1. Prioritise things that bring me joy (word of the year)

2. Make time for movement

13. Declutter

14. Take a digital detox once a season

15. Plan a wedding that feels like a true celebration of love

16. Say yes to friendship

17. Make a difference to yourself first, to make a difference to others

self-care resolutions

Happy New Year to you too!

Tell me, what are YOUR self-care resolutions for 2017?

1. Renee Hartwig
    3 January 2017 / 1:57 pm

Love your resolutions. I never thought of doing self-care resolutions. Good Idea. I only have blogging resolutions such as reach 1000 email subscribers and build instagram followers and finally get a professional banner for my blog haha. Have a great year and I hope all your resolutions happen.

• 13 January 2017 / 3:34 pm

Good luck with your blogging goals!

2. 4 January 2017 / 9:46 am

I love your resolutions. It’s nice to keep in mind self care. We are so busy that we forget to take care of ourselves sometimes.

• 13 January 2017 / 3:35 pm

Exactly! I’m trying to embrace mindfulness and encourage others to join me in taking better care of ourselves.

3. 4 January 2017 / 4:08 pm

I love this post and the fact you are prioritising your own wellbeing 🙂 I also think joy is a fab word to choose. I think making the time for things I enjoy will be something I definitely plan as I go through 2017.

• 13 January 2017 / 3:36 pm

Thank you! And good luck for 2017!

4. 6 January 2017 / 12:05 pm

I love this – I wish you well in your self-care journey. x

5. 9 January 2017 / 8:09 am

A lovely list! I also choose a theme word for the year, rather than lots of resolutions, but I do like the idea of having a self-care list. I’ve also taken up journalling this month and am enjoying it already! Have a lovely 2017 🙂

• 13 January 2017 / 3:36 pm

That’s awesome! I think journalling is such a great self-care activity.

6. 13 January 2017 / 7:58 am

17 sounds like a lot of resolutions to make but these all sound so achievable. I love the idea of a self-care savings pot!

• 13 January 2017 / 3:37 pm

Thanks Jodie! I’m hoping they are all doable for 2017.

7. 14 April 2017 / 3:56 am

I think making the time for things I enjoy will be something. I’ve also taken up journalling this month and am enjoying it already!