Wedding Dress Shopping in Birmingham

Davids Bridal Birmingham

It looks like 2017 might be the year I become a wife. Yep, we are hopefully seeing a few more venues soon (fingers crossed) and if the wedding gods are favourable we’ll get a date the diary shortly.

Davids Bridal Birmingham

Of course one of the first things I will be doing when the date and venue is set will be to go wedding dress shopping. Eeeek! I cannot wait for this part of the wedding planning.

I have a secret Pinterest board with inspiration and I can ‘imagine’ what I might like. Having never actually worn a wedding dress before I don’t exactly know what to expect.

Davids Bridal Birmingham Store

That is why I was rather excited to hear that David’s Bridal was opening a brand new store in Birmingham. When they got in touch to let me know I might have done a list fist pump into the air…

For those not in the know (yet) David’s Bridal is a pretty epic wedding store (apparently it is the world’s largest bridal retailer!).

davids-bridal-store-in-birminghaminside-davids-bridal-birmingham

It’s the largest wedding shop I’ve ever seen. And it has such a huge range of wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and formal wear, that you are bound to find something you like.

davids-bridaldavids-bridal-wonder-jenny-packhamdavids-bridal-dress

Last Thursday I popped along to the launch night of this new flagship store. It was hosted by Brides’ magazine and featured bubbly and entertainment whilst lots of lovely ladies scoured the rails for their ideal dress.

I couldn’t believe how big this shop is. There appears to be a huge range of colours, shapes, sizes and prices. There were loads of different colours and style for bridesmaid dresses. Plus shoes, accessories and fun bits for the wedding.

I took Raj with meΒ so I wasn’t going to be trying on dresses just yet. But now I now that come January I am heading there with my Mum to start trying out wedding dresses.

If you’re a lady looking for a wedding dress I recommend booking an appointment so you get the best service possible. There’s a handy store locator to find your nearest option.

I’m now starting to feel the wedding vibe and cannot wait to start shopping for my wedding dress! Whoop!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

What style of wedding dress shall I try on?

P.S. Keep an eye on my vlogging channel on YouTube for more sneaky peeks of the new David’s Bridal in Birmingham.

P.S.S. Watch my proposal and engagement video here.

This post is in collaboration with David’s Bridal, as always thoughts and opinions are all my own. thank you for supporting rosalilium!

• LaaLaa

Beautiful designs of dresses here, I love lace panels on dresses. I hope it goes well πŸ™‚ xo

• Laura

I’m so pleased this shop has opened. I mean, I have no plans to get married any time soon but I walk down that street regularly and always like to look in the windows of the shops at all the pretty displays, so having a new shop with lots of lovely dresses to look at on my way past is fab. It looks like it’ll be a good shop for formal dresses too…now those I might actually need!

Glad to hear you’re feeling the wedding vibe too – and will keep my fingers crossed you find a good venue. From what I hear, the best advice on dress shopping seems to be to try on some styles you weren’t expecting – a few friends I know who’ve gotten married chose dresses (and looked stunning) in things that they wouldn’t have expected to like, but ended up loving. Either way, whatever you choose, I’m sure you’ll look amazing!

• Sarah Bailey

You have pictured some very gorgeous options here, and David’s Bridal is a wonderful shop! I know you will find a spectacular wedding dress there and will have loads of fun trying on all the options. Such an exciting time for you!

• StressedMum

You have included some gorgeous dresses in your post, such a great shop to go and choose your wedding dress x

• Nicola

Some nice choices – I think the first is my favourite though!

• Elodie

Congratulations on getting married next year! All these dresses looked incredible too! I can’t wait to see what you end up picking!

• Natasha Mairs

When I got married I was on such a tight budget that I didn’t get to choose the wedding dress of my dreams. It was very nice though, but if I had my time over I would push my wedding back a year or two so I could have saved more money for a better dress

• emma white

There are just so many amazing and beautiful dresses I am sure you will have so much fun trying on many until you find my dream dress – good luck

• Charli Bruce

Oh, these dresses are absolutely beautiful! I have always had in mind my *perfect* wedding dress, although I know from most of my friends the one you think you want is so far off what you end up getting. I really hope you find the most perfect dress once you start shopping xx

• Milly Youngman

Ooh how exciting for you! These are some gorgeous dress styles – I definitely like simple ones with a little embellishment, I reckon this store has some that are right up my street.

• Diane

So exciting! Fingers crossed you guys find an amazing venue πŸ™‚ My advice is to try on as many different styles as you can. It’s pretty amazing what you can end up with. Sometimes your doubts about a style can be confirmed (and you can have a good laugh!) and other times you can find your dream dress. That’s what happened to me πŸ™‚ Good luck and have fun! x

• Rhian Westbury

Wow the dresses are stunning. I think realistically to rule out and choose styles you just need to try them all on! x

• Stephanie Merry

My best friend is getting married next year and she’s already got her appointment with David’s Bridal booked x

• Rachel

OOh how exciting! Having been the bride and bought the dress, the best piece of advice I can give to you is to not have any expectations and go with an open mind x

• Martina Williams

Buying a wedding dress is such an important event in a woman’s life. It’s good to know that if you live in Birmingham you can book an appointment with a professional and get all your questions answered and chose the perfect dress for you.

• MELANIE EDJOURIAN

Oh wow what an exciting time and how great is it that such a large store has opened near you. Wedding shopping can be great fun and it looks like they have some lovely dresses. Have fun x

• Anosa

These are all gorgeous gowns and hope you get the one you want for your wedding. Good luck with the venue search and hope you find something soon

• Nayna Kanabar

What an exiting time for you . The dresses are all beautiful and I hope you find one that makes you feel like a princess.

• Harriet from Toby & Roo

Wow such an exciting and fun time for you! I love the dresses!

• Rachel

I can imagine wedding dress shopping would be so much fun! There’s so many gorgeous dresses! xo

• Tanya Brannan

This sounds like a Brides paradise! Some of those dress pictures are out of this World. I got married 20+ years ago and the choice just wasn’t out there – I would love to do it again with the styles that are now available x

• Charlotte Braithwaite

Gosh!
    That dress at the top of the post is everything <3
    I would love a dress thats slightly shorter at the front then the back to show off my shoes.
    TRY ALL STYLES ON! I'm sure you'll have so much fun πŸ˜€
    Charlotte x

• Laura H

These options are gorgeous! I have to say I am not a fan of the last picture with the ruffles but the two above it are DIVINE!

• Stephen

You have chosen some amazing styles and I do wish you all the very best for you big day, whenever that may be!

• Angela Key Milnes

These are all a nice selection of wedding dress, Such a good choices

• Leah LS

Such a great time. We got married this year and trying on dresses was lovely. David’s looks great though and some of the dresses you have chosen are lovely x

• Louise

Ooh, David’s Bridal shop looks absolutely gorgeous! My niece is getting married next year and is struggling to find the perfect dress so I will definitely be showing her your post πŸ™‚

Louise x