Postcards from Canada

Lake Louise

View over Lake Louise, Banff

Last week I was in Canada. Phew! That almost seems crazy to think it now. With just 10 days notice I was welcomed onto the team at The Travel Hack, one of my favourite travel blogs, and straight onto my first assignment.

Together with Monica and Elle I spent 5 glorious days in Edmonton, a city in the Alberta province. It’s one of those cities that you wouldn’t necessarily think to visit or even have much of an idea about but will totally surprise you with everything it has going for it. It’s a city great for food, culture, festivals, adventure and shopping. But we’ll share more about that soon over on The Travel Hack.

For now I just wanted to share a few of my favourite snaps from our trip to just to whet your appetite for all the adventures and ideas we have to lined up.

Enjoy!

Poppy Barley Edmonton

Team Travel Hack with Poppy Barley founder Kendall

Helicopter Canada

We flew in a helicopter!

Team Travel Hack

Bison Tour on Elk Island

Canoeing Elk Island

Canoeing in Elk Island

Elk Island Edmonton

Beautiful Elk Island

rainbow-on-farm

Rainbow appears over dinner at the farm

1. 5 August 2016 / 10:44 am

I grew up 3 hours from Edmonton (in Calgary) and half my family live there so I was REALLY surprised when I saw you were going there on a travel trip thing. Glad you had fun though… I’m not sure I’ve ever really done touristy things in Edmonton.

• 5 August 2016 / 1:17 pm

There’s a surprising amount of touristy things to do in and around Edmonton. It was fab!

2. 5 August 2016 / 1:48 pm

Love how you girls travel together 😀 Beautiful photos too! I’m going to Ontario next month on assignment for Travelettes and can’t wait for that canoe-camping trip 😀

• 3 September 2016 / 7:30 pm

Thanks Kathi! It’s been lovely to have a girly trip like this.

3. Isabel O
    7 August 2016 / 9:59 am

So pretty! I’ve wanted to visit Canada for so long. One day, when I am rich and have no credit card debt. *dreams*

• 7 August 2016 / 11:06 am

Absolutely. It’s certainly one to add to the bucket list.

4. 7 August 2016 / 10:19 am

This looked like such a fun trip. Canada is just my favourite place but I’ve never been that far inland – it looks super beautiful though. (And congrats. I saw the post for that job. You’re going to do awesome at it!)

• 7 August 2016 / 11:06 am

Thank you! And yes, I’d totally recommend exploring more of Canada.

5. 8 August 2016 / 8:45 am

Such a beautiful part of the world, so pleased you go to Lake Louise, it took my breath away when we visited last month.

6. 25 August 2016 / 12:11 pm

Wow such awesome pics Liz! I’ve still never been to Canada but heard so many good things and, let’s face it, the pics sell it! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

• 8 October 2016 / 4:28 pm

Thank you Chloe! Hope you get to make it out there soon. It’s stunning.