Five Favourite Rosalilium Posts

I have been blogging on Rosalilium for over four years now and over that time I’ve amassed rather a few blog posts. So today for #BEDM I have decided to pick five of my favourite Rosalilium posts from the past four years to share with you. I figured that I’ve got lots of new readers over the past few months that might now know about my early thrifting successes, my penchant for making flavoured vodkas, or even early witterings on plastic bags. Ohhh… those were the heady days of early Rosalilium.

There have been so many ups and downs, and turning all arounds over the past four years; my readers have been the best thing about it. It truly is wonderful to have a space on the internet to gather and share and connect with brilliant folks from all over the world.

I had a gander at the Rosalilium archives and then obviously fell down a procrastination and nostalgia hole for an hour or so. Blimey, there are so many to pick from!

I narrowed it down to about 13. This is a tough gig! Eventually I’ve settled on these five as a decent cross section of time and style of content found on Rosalilium.

Five Favourite Posts from the Rosalilium Archives

Digging Away
Expedition: Digging

In 2011 I was picked to take part in the Green & Black’s Community Development expedition in the Dominican Republic where we spent two weeks with rural cocoa famers helping them build a gravity-fed water system to get fresh water to their villages. In this post I discuss how I got on with the digging aspect of the expedition.

how to make raspberry vodka

DIY: How to Make Raspberry Vodka

I LOVE to infuse booze. It’s such a satisfying process, picking the flavours, doing the daily shakes, watching the vodka develop over the weeks and months. And ultimately it tastes delicious!

say no to bullyingBullying: It Doesn’t End At School

An honest, frank account of my experiences with bullying throughout my school life and then as an adult. This post brought about a lot of discussion in the comments from others with similar experiences. It was incredibly difficult but moving to share.

Sunday ShoppingSunday Outfit

One of my very first outfit posts (way back in 2010) and back when my hair colour was completely natural.

Royal TypewriterCar Boot Finds Pt 6.

Again, another first in a series. This is one of the first car boot sale hauls from my weekly thrifting jaunts at a car boot sale in Southampton.

And the rest…

(ok, so I could resist sneaking a few old favourites in. some of these are 3 or 4 years old but fun to read older Rosalilium posts)

Happy #BEDM Day 2! There’s still time to take part if you want to catch up!

1. 2 May 2014 / 1:45 pm

I remember the Green and Blacks trip. I can’t believe it was all that time ago! And I love flavoured vodka too. Off to read the other posts too! x

2. 2 May 2014 / 2:07 pm

How interesting – I picked a post about bullying too as one of my favourite posts! I survived through school fairly unscathed when it came to bullying – nothing physical and the emotional stuff was kept to a fairly low level (part of me thinks it’s impossible to go through school as a girl and not experience some form of bullying).

My bullying experience took place when I was 30 and in a new job – and I didn’t even realise it was happening until someone else pointed it out to me.

The good thing about being 30 and not 13 though is that I had the confidence and experience to do something about it.

3. 2 May 2014 / 5:33 pm

I’ve only just recently found your blog, so it’s definitely very interesting to see which five favourite posts you picked out yourself. I’m off reading them now! xx

4. 2 May 2014 / 7:55 pm

Wow some fabulous posts in there. Love the Green and Blacks one. Off to read some of the others now x

5. 2 May 2014 / 8:44 pm

I’m new to Rosalilium so this is fab, such an eclectic mix of posts! I need to set aside a few weeks to go back through your archives!
    M x

6. 3 May 2014 / 1:54 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

I like your site.

What do you think is most crucial to your long term strategy/success? Curious to hear your answer. 🙂

Rob

7. 3 May 2014 / 2:41 pm

Love these posts. So varied and so interesting. I have pinned the raspberry vodka. Love the typewriter. X

8. 3 May 2014 / 4:27 pm

These posts give a strong picture of who you are and what your blog is about. LOVE it Elizabeth!

9. Siobhan Emma
    4 May 2014 / 9:37 am

That’s a great selection of posts their Elizabeth. A real mixed bag! Your post about bullying was quite hard to read. I’m so sorry you had to go through those experiences. Look at you now though. You’re a successful, beautiful young woman, with a great guy by your side supporting you all the way! Those bullies now won’t be a patch on you! x

10. 4 May 2014 / 10:50 pm

That vodka recipe was the first post of yours I came across!

11. 15 May 2014 / 11:05 am

You probably don’t want to hear this… but you’re natural hair colour is awesome! (I say this as a fellow-hair dyer who’s hasn’t seen her true natural colour since about the age of 14!)