Wishlist: Quirky Kitchen Kit

The topic for today’s Blog Every Day in November is Food Glorious Food, which is probably one of my favourite topics ever! As long time readers of Rosalilium will know, I do enjoy food and love to share my latest recipe experimentations here on my blog. But as I have already shared two recipes in the past week (brussels sprouts and veggie thai curry) I decided to approach the topic with one of my wishlist features.

So here are five awesome food and kitchen related items that I am currently coveting.

In fact, I have been coveting The Flavour Thesaurus for YEARS, I can’t believe I still haven’t got myself a copy yet. Silly me. It would be perfect for those kitchen moments where I am throwing together whatever I can find in the cupboards.

Two of the items, I now realise, are chalkboard related. I just love me a bit of chalk, eh?! The slate cheeseboard would be used as a charcuterie board in my house. I’m all about the cured meats! No cheese for my please.

And the removable chalkboard wall decal is perfect for renters or folks who don’t want to permanently paint their walls or cupboards with chalkboard paint.

I am a bit of a teacup and mug hoarder so it’s only right I include one of my favourite mug obsessions – these adorable mugs from Bread and Jam would do nicely in the my collection.

And finally, how freaking awesome is the “I Could Eat A Horse” spaghetti measurer?! I love it. If you don’t happen to fancy eating our four-legged equine friend, you could just measure some spaghetti for four people with this nifty little contraption.

Wishlist: Quirky Kitchen Kit

As it is now getting towards the festive period, I think I might be adding these to THAT list too.

• Dancing Branflake

I am DEFINITELY buying the flavor thesaurus! What a great thing to have!

• Vicki

I am complete cup / mug hoarder too! I love odd mugs, nothing matches in my cupboard. Those Bread and Jam mugs look fab.

• Hazel

I love the mugs, I could do with throwing out all my old chipped boring mugs and replacing with something cuter like these.
    The chalk board decal would be perfect for my new office – need to find myself a bigger one!

• Geraldine

I can’t imagine life without my spaghetti measure and cheeseboard! And I too have a larger than is necessary or healthy collection of mugs and cups!

• Claire (@Kurea_San)

Lol – the ‘I could eat a horse’ pasta measurer is the best!!!
    Claire xx

• Kezzie

My husband had a chalkboard clock (in fact, we must go and grab it back from his flatmate!) it was a blackboard surface and each of the clock ‘numbers’ was a different coloured piece of chalk which you could draw over. It had a handy baskety bit down the bottom to catch any falling pieces!x

• B & E

The Flavour Thesaurus is my go-to present for foodie friends – it’s fantastic! x

• Kimberly Edwards

This is great. I’ve never heard of a flavor thesaurus. Too bad there’s not digital ebook format.

• Fee

We have a flavour thesaurus comes in very handy when we’re way over due a food food shop and trying to work out what we can scrape together from the cupboards. I’m quite sure that was not it’s intended use but it works for us!

• melissa blake

Ooooh! Great choices!

• Emma

Ooooh these are all lovely finds! I love the pasta measurer – I always make too little or too much! My friend actually sells those mugs in her new shop, which I did a blog post about 🙂 They’re so cute x

• Siobhan

I am very interested in that chalk board decal – will have to see where we move to and what it is like.

• Maxine

Wish I’d known about the removable chalk decal before I painted a giant chalkboard house on my kitchen wall!