Topic number 10 for Blog Every Day in November is ‘Something Different’. This means blogging outside of your comfort zone and doing something a little bit different on your blog. So today I’m sharing a beauty post featuring my favourite beauty products at the moment.
I often get asked about my hair so these are my three must-have hair products. It’s hard work to keep red hair looking vibrant and colouring is so damaging.
My skincare routine is still a work in progress. I’m not sure if I’m 100% happy with it yet so I’m totally open to suggestions on that. I just want clear, dewy, glowing skin. There must be a holy grail of skincare somewhere?!
I’ve also included my daily makeup essentials. I didn’t include a blusher because I have yet to find one I love. I keep hearing good things about Nars so maybe I’ll try them at some point.
I don’t claim to be an expert in any way on beauty products but these are my current favourites that I use regularly:
- Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Shower Gel (the aroma of this shower gel is so uplifting – it’s my total happy place)
- Neal’s Yard Bee Lovely Hand Cream (best absorbency I’ve found for my dry hands)
- Barry M Gelly Nail Varnish in Mango (I am terrible fickle with nail varnish but I’m loving orange at the moment)
- Prada Iris perfume (best fragrance ever! Love love love)
- Schwarzkopf Live XXL Hypnotic Red Hair Dye (I’ve used this colour since January 2011, it’s brilliant)
- Aveda Madder Root Shampoo and Conditioner (so sad to see my Boots Botanics discontinued. This is the nearest alternative just pricy. Ouch!)
- Macademia Natural Hair Oil (must-have protection).
- La Roche Posay Micellar Water (trying out micellar water. this is ok, might experiment with others though)
- Clarins Cleanser (bit drying so I use it sparingly)
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Clarifying Toner (brilliant for deep cleaning my face)
- Eucerin Anti-Aging Hyaluron Moisturiser (good for evening pigmentation)
- Body Shop Vitamin E Cream (used this on and off since my teens and it’s still rad)
- Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer (cheap and awesome)
- YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation (I got a tester of this recently and it’s lovely! Such a great texture)
- Max Factor Loose Powder (I love setting my makeup but apparently it’s not really a ‘thing’ anymore.)
- Boujouis Clubbing Ultra Black Liquid Eyeliner (love a thick black eyeliner)
- YSL Babydoll Mascara (I got this as a tester at an event a few months back. It’s rad)
- Rimmel Lipstick in Alarm (best all round red I’ve found. Plus it’s only a fiver!)
PHEW! I didn’t realise I used so many products until I wrote that list! And there are a few more adhoc products floating around my bathroom as well.
What beauty product would you recommend?