Chorizo pasta linguine with a chilli and garlic tomato sauce is my current favourite comfort food. In fact, I’d say this dish is my ‘new home’ meal. I have cooked this up at least twice a week since I moved in, some might say this is bordering on addiction.
It has all the elements I LOVE in food – chorizo (or anything piggy), garlic, chilli and all round deliciousness. It is the perfect comfort food. And due to popular demand, following a published photo on instagram, I am sharing the recipe on Rosalilium.
Behold the Chorizo, Chilli and Garlic Linguine! It is quick and easy to cook and will make you many friends.
Chorizo, Chilli and Garlic Linguine (serves 2)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 ring Chorizo, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (this is quite mild, add more if you like it spicy)
- can of chopped tomatoes, whizzed up in a blender
- 3tbsp milk
- generous pinch salt
- lots of freshly ground pepper
- 150g linguine, freshly cooked and drained
- get your linguine on the boil for 12 minutes, drain and set aside.
- meanwhile, fry up your onion in some oil on a medium heat until soft. push to the sides of the pan and drop the chorizo in the oil (add a little more if necessary). stir continuously to stop the chorizo catching too much and fry until the edges curl up and start to look crispy. mix the onion and chorizo together before add the garlic and chilli flakes, stir for one minute.
- pour in the chopped tomatoes and milk, reduce the heat and stir well. allow the mixture to gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- season with plenty of salt and pepper before adding the linguine to the pan. toss the pasta until completely coated in the sauce.
- serve with a copious amounts of garlic bread (and a side salad if you’re feeling healthy).
Let me know if you try this chorizo pasta recipe.
EDIT: Also, now a video of the chorizo pasta recipe