Car Boot Finds: Pt 27

by Elizabeth Sellers on 25 April 2012 · 13 comments

Car Boot Finds

Last weekend we popped along to a couple of car boot sales for a laid back wander and rummage. As we are new to Northampton, we are still trying to suss out where the best places to go for thrifting are. Unfortunately both car boots were small – it seemed that the incorrect forecast of rain had deterred potential sellers from booting. But we were in need of stretching our legs so we had a wander nevertheless.

Considering how small the car boot sales were it is surprising what the actually came away with.

We found a Johnny Cash record, 8 vintage milk bottles (and 2 coke bottles thrown in for free) 4 vintage tins, a set of utility china plates, a pink glass dish (might be lovely on a dressing table), two vintage camera, two vintage books, a carry on mug (for the boyf) and two more queen mugs for my collection. Amazing!

Some of these will probably be heading for the shop. But the plates are definitely mine (because obviously I need over 30 plates for the two of us).

vintage

Have you found any gems at the Car Boot Sales (or charity shop)recently?

Like that blog post?
Sign up for more Rosalilium goodness including the FREE recipe ebook 'The Brilliant Brunch Book'

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Lisa-Marie April 25, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Right so, as well as three bottles (if you can find more for S, as I think she wants them for her wedding), I need that needlecraft book, because I have another one in the series. I didn’t even know it was a series!

Amazing haul. I love the cameras too.

Elizabeth April 27, 2012 at 8:01 am

yey book twins!

Alex April 25, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I am sooo jealous! :D I need to go to more boot sales, but I swear there was never anything half as good at the ones I’ve been to! I heart the bottles and Johnny Cash is just wowzas!

Nomad April 25, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Great finds! The rain tried to ruin my car boot day last Sunday but I still managed to come aways with some good bits and pieces for my shop :) This weekend it’s charity shop time! x

Dancing Branflake April 26, 2012 at 6:14 am

So, I totally have these old cameras from my grandparents way back in the day. I don’t know what to do with them. Sell them?

Elizabeth April 26, 2012 at 8:40 am

I have a couple of old cameras I use a ornaments on my mantelpiece. Or you could find some film for them and experiment with some photos. And of course, you can always sell them. They are quite popular!
x

Betty April 26, 2012 at 10:02 am

These are great purchases. It is surprising what people got in stored and are selling. I especially love the cameras; so small yet it has a classic look.

Carol April 26, 2012 at 6:46 pm

This is very nice topic. I appreciate all the things I must learn like for example

Emma April 27, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I love the sleeve f or that Jonny Cash Vinyl. How’s the queen mug collection going? My grandma has loads, and of all the other royals too!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] April 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm

You do seem to have the magic touch! Love the queenie mugs and the bottles. I’ve been on a bit of a royalty related hunt recently for my jubilee charity swap, those would be perfect!

Siobhan April 29, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Gorgeous finds!

Zoë {Conversation Pieces} May 9, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Oooh that’s some stash! I spy some old cameras :) Haven’t been carbooting for a while… need to find some time soon!

Elizabeth May 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm

remember, car boots are for life, not just special occasions (or when you can be arsed) ;-)