Northampton: Most Marvellous Place To Shop

Today I met up with one of my twitter pals, the lovely April, who has been a resident of Northampton for some time and she offered to introduce me to the Most Marvellous Place to Shop. This old disused building was given a new lease of life by a collective of vintage and craft concessions which really is a most marvellous place to shop. There I whooped and marvelled over delightful vintage clothes, dresses, furniture and homewares. There is a small cafe from which a delicious smell was emanating. Downstairs I found a craft room that holds regular handmade classes for young and old and a little holistic room for therapies. How wonderful?!

most marvellous vintagevintage shopvintage mirror reflectionvintagevintage displayvintage mirroroutfit most marvellous(Outfit – Blazer: H&M, Dress: Vintage, Bag: Charity Shop, Scarf: Thailand)

I can see that I will be visiting the Most Marvellous on a regular basis now! Lovely stuff.

More photos on my Flickr

• Lisa-Marie

I want to go there. It looks like it is full of joy! Oh, all the crockery and glass.

I am glad you have found somewhere so ace so quickly :).

• Elizabeth

you would love it!x

• Steffanie

This is a great place to go with the whole family…I would love going here to shop a lot of things…

• Elizabeth

it is really tempting to buy there 😉

• Dancing Branflake

Fun fun fun! I so want to go shopping with you. You are a pro!

• Elizabeth

haha…not sure about pro, I just like pretty things! 😀

• Siobhan

I’ve been somewhere very similar in Nottingham and got the best jacket and I loved it and could have bought half the warehouse.

I want to go there (but maybe once the wedding is over).

• Charis

Oh whereabouts is it? Looks awesome & I’m going to be in Northampton twice in the next couple of weeks so want to have a look!

• em

you should come to sheffield. we have a couple of these sorts of places & i’ve had to stop going as i just walk about wanting everything. it is not good for my bank or my wannabe tidy home!
    xo

• LandGirl1980

I knew not of this place!!! I shall have to make a special trip next time I visit my folks !

• Yolanda

Excellent post! I’ll definitely be pinning this !

• Jane

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for putting a picture of our tiny wardrobe ship in Most Marvellous up (4th pic) It made our day when we saw it. I have linked your pic on my blog. Best wishes Jane (and Claire who shares the tiney wardrobe shop with me)

• martha

starting school at their college soon and I’m soooooooo looking forward to visiting this little gem of a shop ! It looks beyond amazing !