Today I met up with one of my twitter pals, the lovely April, who has been a resident of Northampton for some time and she offered to introduce me to the Most Marvellous Place to Shop. This old disused building was given a new lease of life by a collective of vintage and craft concessions which really is a most marvellous place to shop. There I whooped and marvelled over delightful vintage clothes, dresses, furniture and homewares. There is a small cafe from which a delicious smell was emanating. Downstairs I found a craft room that holds regular handmade classes for young and old and a little holistic room for therapies. How wonderful?!

most marvellous vintagevintage shopvintage mirror reflectionvintagevintage displayvintage mirroroutfit most marvellous(Outfit – Blazer: H&M, Dress: Vintage, Bag: Charity Shop, Scarf: Thailand)

I can see that I will be visiting the Most Marvellous on a regular basis now! Lovely stuff.

More photos on my Flickr

About The Author

Elizabeth is a freelance blogger, writer, public speaker and social media consultant. When she doesn't have her nose in her laptop she can be found travelling the world as a digital nomad, trawling through car boot sales or rustling up her favourite foods in the kitchen.

Related Posts

13 Responses

1. Lisa-Marie

I want to go there. It looks like it is full of joy! Oh, all the crockery and glass.

I am glad you have found somewhere so ace so quickly :).

2. Steffanie

This is a great place to go with the whole family…I would love going here to shop a lot of things…

3. Siobhan

I’ve been somewhere very similar in Nottingham and got the best jacket and I loved it and could have bought half the warehouse.

I want to go there (but maybe once the wedding is over).

4. Charis

Oh whereabouts is it? Looks awesome & I’m going to be in Northampton twice in the next couple of weeks so want to have a look!

5. em

you should come to sheffield. we have a couple of these sorts of places & i’ve had to stop going as i just walk about wanting everything. it is not good for my bank or my wannabe tidy home!
    xo

6. Jane

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for putting a picture of our tiny wardrobe ship in Most Marvellous up (4th pic) It made our day when we saw it. I have linked your pic on my blog. Best wishes Jane (and Claire who shares the tiney wardrobe shop with me)

7. martha

starting school at their college soon and I’m soooooooo looking forward to visiting this little gem of a shop ! It looks beyond amazing !