Chevrons and Zig-Zags

In general, triangles are my favourite shape. I’m not entirely sure why, but it might be something about three sides or three angles that works for me. Maybe I like the pointy edges. Maybe it is my fascination with odd numbers. I really do not know. But right now I seem to be drawn to chevrons and zig zags too.

Recently I have stumbled across a few designer-makers that have made my heart jump and my brain shout “yes!” I love it when moments of beauty or inspiration take hold like that, when I see something that makes me smile.

Anyway, here are some of my favourite chevron and zig zag featured pieces.

This purse is from FalconWright, a collaboration between to designer-makers producing handmade leather goods in Toronto, Canada.

This from my new favourite person I have never met. I discovered Arielle Alasko through Design*Sponge last week and fell in love with her work, her aesthetic and her amazing attitude. She builds furniture from reclaimed and recycled materials and this headboard is one example. Stunning.

I have had this amazing reclaimed Arctic Plank floor on my pinterest for about 6 months now. Using reclaimed wooden pallets to make beautiful floors, this is my kind of company.

Another Design*Sponge find. This chevron ceiling is a relatively easy DIY. I wonder if the boyf would let me do this in our new hallway?

I love the simplicity of this screenprinted tea towel. Unfortunately it has sold out but it’s inspiration can carry on.

Do you have a favourite pattern or shape?

Get the 'Word of the Year' Worksheet

Word_of_the_year

Get the FREE downloadable worksheet 'How To Choose A Word of the Year', designed to help you focus on the values that matter most in your life.

Powered by ConvertKit
  • Teresa

Oh my! That bed head is absolutely AMAZING!
    I’m a big fan of chevrons too 😀

• Rhianne

I love stripes, so the flooring and headboard in particular I love… I’m also fond of circles. Great finds!

• Dancing Branflake

I love chevron. I’m also a huge sucker for polka dots.

• Zoë {Conversation Pieces}

Oh that headboard… and that ceiling… and that floor!! Love, love, love! Please decorate your new place just like this, pretty please! 🙂

• Sam

I am a massive fan of triangles too. I’m just about to order some great triangles tape – http://seventytree.bigcartel.com/product/new-triangles-tape-choose-1-of-3-colours So cool!

I just blogged about Hebden Bridge b/c I went there after seeing your visits. Loved it! Going back in the warmer weather.

Sam x

• Vic

I absolutely love that headboard! I really like proper wooden bedframes, I think they look so much more comfortable than metal frames!

• Lisa

Come to think of it my favorite shapes is circle and triangle. I noticed how the zigzag shape work well as a design. I love the ceiling the most.

• Molly

Oh I LOVE the purse – it’s very like Wiener Werkstätte designs of the early 1900s. I’m not sure if I have a favourite shape or pattern, but you’ve got me thinking … 🙂