I had not planned to go Car Booting this weekend. I was pretty wiped out after the Midlands Blogger Meet, so I imagined I might enjoy that elusive lie-in that often goes amiss on my weekends. Unfortunately for my tiredness, but fortunately for my thrifting appetite, my Mum woke me up, pointed to the sky and announced that we should grab my Grannie and pop down to the Car Boot Sale.

So I duly clambered out of bed, threw on some rags and we trotted off to the little Car Boot around the corner. But our usual Car Boot was nowhere to be seen. Instead we followed tiny signs of promise along meandering country roads until we almost gave up for lost…and then we found it. A new Car Boot Sale!

Alas, the returns were not as fruitful as one would normally hope, but that’s just the way the thrifting cookie crumbles. The only purchase I made was this delightful white and gold tea set, complete no less!, for a couple of quid. Bargain.

White and Gold Teaset 3

White and Gold Teaset 2

White and Gold Tea Set

What awesome thrifty finds have you found lately? I do love to hear about a good bargain or two.

About The Author

Elizabeth is a freelance blogger, writer, public speaker and social media consultant. When she doesn't have her nose in her laptop she can be found travelling the world as a digital nomad, trawling through car boot sales or rustling up her favourite foods in the kitchen.

Related Posts

13 Responses

1. Nic's Notebook

Oh that set is v pretty! The car boot sales round me tend to be really rubbish – lots of videos and old broken kids toys unfort.. if there is anything good they are asking way too much ££ for it. Hope to head to some out of my area soon for a good nosey round! :) x

• Elizabeth

to be honest most of this Car Boot was just like that. I did wonder who would buy all the VHS?

2. Frecklie

Oh I do love a bit of a car booty! The set you found is very pretty… I can never find anything as gorgeous as that! Maybe i should mix up the carboots I go to! x

3. The adventures of lilibet

Lovely to have the whole set! I bought something very similar a while ago…I have made it into a tea cup candle! I just blogged about my latest bargain, a pleated vintage skirt for 20p! x

4. Siobhan

That’s really lovely – like my parents wedding china set! I’d love a complete set like that but at the moment we have no space! Good work!

5. Rachel

That tea set is completely gorgeous – so quaint and beautiful :)
    I haven’t been to a car boot in far too long – must put it on my to do list!! x

6. Michelle of The Feather Den

Oooooh, pretty! I really love it, even if it is the only thing you ended up finding, it’s lovely, nonetheless!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

7. threesmallapples

I’m a bit tea set obsessed as they make for the prettiest (and strongest… you’ve got to get a proper measure in…) G&T in town.

xx

8. Intrinsically Florrie

Wow what a find! They’re beautiful and I can’t believe you got so many of them. All the prettiest ones I find are always just the odd one or two of a set.
    My best thrifty finds recently are the two vintage dresses I bought at the Brum Blogger Meet- one for £3 and a fairytale worthy one for £7!

Florrie x