Car Boot Finds Pt 19

by Elizabeth Sellers on 27 July 2011 · 13 comments

I had not planned to go Car Booting this weekend. I was pretty wiped out after the Midlands Blogger Meet, so I imagined I might enjoy that elusive lie-in that often goes amiss on my weekends. Unfortunately for my tiredness, but fortunately for my thrifting appetite, my Mum woke me up, pointed to the sky and announced that we should grab my Grannie and pop down to the Car Boot Sale.

So I duly clambered out of bed, threw on some rags and we trotted off to the little Car Boot around the corner. But our usual Car Boot was nowhere to be seen. Instead we followed tiny signs of promise along meandering country roads until we almost gave up for lost…and then we found it. A new Car Boot Sale!

Alas, the returns were not as fruitful as one would normally hope, but that’s just the way the thrifting cookie crumbles. The only purchase I made was this delightful white and gold tea set, complete no less!, for a couple of quid. Bargain.

White and Gold Teaset 3

White and Gold Teaset 2

White and Gold Tea Set

What awesome thrifty finds have you found lately? I do love to hear about a good bargain or two.

Opt In Image
Blognix - UK's Most Friendly Blogging Conference
For bloggers who want to make their blogs awesome!

Eventbrite - Blognix 2014 - Blogging Conference
Book your place at the most affordable, all-inclusive, friendly and fun blogging conference in the UK.

Spend the day at the brilliant Custard Factory in Birmingham learning new skills on how to create a career from blogging. You will make new friends and discover what makes this community awesome.

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Nic's Notebook July 27, 2011 at 10:31 am

Oh that set is v pretty! The car boot sales round me tend to be really rubbish – lots of videos and old broken kids toys unfort.. if there is anything good they are asking way too much ££ for it. Hope to head to some out of my area soon for a good nosey round! :) x

Elizabeth July 27, 2011 at 11:54 am

to be honest most of this Car Boot was just like that. I did wonder who would buy all the VHS?

Frecklie July 27, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Oh I do love a bit of a car booty! The set you found is very pretty… I can never find anything as gorgeous as that! Maybe i should mix up the carboots I go to! x

Lisa-Marie July 27, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Offt. That teaset is spectacular!

The adventures of lilibet July 27, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Lovely to have the whole set! I bought something very similar a while ago…I have made it into a tea cup candle! I just blogged about my latest bargain, a pleated vintage skirt for 20p! x

Siobhan July 27, 2011 at 2:33 pm

That’s really lovely – like my parents wedding china set! I’d love a complete set like that but at the moment we have no space! Good work!

Rachel July 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm

That tea set is completely gorgeous – so quaint and beautiful :)
I haven’t been to a car boot in far too long – must put it on my to do list!! x

Charis July 27, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Very pretty indeedy x

Michelle of The Feather Den July 27, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Oooooh, pretty! I really love it, even if it is the only thing you ended up finding, it’s lovely, nonetheless!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

threesmallapples July 28, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I’m a bit tea set obsessed as they make for the prettiest (and strongest… you’ve got to get a proper measure in…) G&T in town.

xx

Elizabeth July 28, 2011 at 5:50 pm

:-D ha! love it.

Intrinsically Florrie July 31, 2011 at 10:32 am

Wow what a find! They’re beautiful and I can’t believe you got so many of them. All the prettiest ones I find are always just the odd one or two of a set.
My best thrifty finds recently are the two vintage dresses I bought at the Brum Blogger Meet- one for £3 and a fairytale worthy one for £7!

Florrie x

Kat got the cream August 1, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Nice tea set – I really love ones with gold trim and that has plenty of bling. bargain too!!