- I once interviewed the film writer and director Sir Alan Parker for a student magazine. It was purely by accident really, I had no idea how to conduct an interview and ended up sat in his Soho office for ages, asking question after question. Thankfully, he was incredibly gracious and passionate about film.
- I presented a report on a daytime children’s current affairs programme on Channel 4. I spent the day at the Guardian newspaper, interviewing journalists and editors, following them about and eating lots of Kit Kats (I was 13 years old, that was all I ate at the time).
- I can roll my tummy like a belly dancer, it looks kind of freaky.
- I have been backpacking on my own twice. Once around Europe, and the other around Southeast Asia.
- I hate bananas. Not dislike. Hate. They really upset me – their smell, their look, their texture. Ewww…
- I also hate cheese, and my first job was working in a cheese shop (I held my breath most of the day).
- I have moved house nearly every year of my life.
- One of my proudest moments was when I was awarded with an Honorary Lifetime Membership to Goldsmiths Student’s Union in recognition of the fundraising, campaigning and advocacy work I did for fighting violence against women. I have no proof of this because my certificate was drench in red wine that night, as was the white dress I was wearing.
- My first job after finishing my GCSE’s was working in Marketing for BRMB radio in Birmingham. It was the best summer ever and the best job ever; schmoozing with pop stars and DJ’s.
- One of my lowest moments in my life was losing an audition for Finders Keepers – I would have loved to have raided that house!
Get the 'Word of the Year' Worksheet
Get the FREE downloadable worksheet 'How To Choose A Word of the Year', designed to help you focus on the values that matter most in your life.