Regular readers may have noticed a little revamp has occured on my blog. I have moved the post-it notes contact icons to a seperate page in a bid to tidy up the layout. I have added a new and improved header and I have added a small about me in the sidebar as quick introduction. I have also changed the About Me page a bit, but I find it kind of hard to write that section so it is still reduced to a few points.
It was whilst I was doing this that I realised how little my blog readers know about me considering how much I do actually share on my blog. And so, I decided to share 10 weird and wonderful facts about me.
  1. I once interviewed the film writer and director Sir Alan Parker for a student magazine. It was purely by accident really, I had no idea how to conduct an interview and ended up sat in his Soho office for ages, asking question after question. Thankfully, he was incredibly gracious and passionate about film.
  2. I presented a report on a daytime children’s current affairs programme on Channel 4. I spent the day at the Guardian newspaper, interviewing journalists and editors, following them about and eating lots of Kit Kats (I was 13 years old, that was all I ate at the time).
  3. I can roll my tummy like a belly dancer, it looks kind of freaky.
  4. I have been backpacking on my own twice. Once around Europe, and the other around Southeast Asia.
  5. I hate bananas. Not dislike. Hate. They really upset me – their smell, their look, their texture. Ewww…
  6. I also hate cheese, and my first job was working in a cheese shop (I held my breath most of the day).
  7. I have moved house nearly every year of my life.
  8. One of my proudest moments was when I was awarded with an Honorary Lifetime Membership to Goldsmiths Student’s Union in recognition of the fundraising, campaigning and advocacy work I did for fighting violence against women. I have no proof of this because my certificate was drench in red wine that night, as was the white dress I was wearing.
  9. My first job after finishing my GCSE’s was working in Marketing for BRMB radio in Birmingham. It was the best summer ever and the best job ever; schmoozing with pop stars and DJ’s.
  10. One of my lowest moments in my life was losing an audition for Finders Keepers – I would have loved to have raided that house!
Let’s get to know each other a bit better?ย
Tell me an interesting fact about you – something weird and wonderful.
(EDIT: Some of my readers comments were lost when Blogger carried out maintenance a couple of days ago, so I have added them back into the comments section as I receive comments by email)

About The Author

Elizabeth is a freelance blogger, writer, public speaker and social media consultant. When she doesn't have her nose in her laptop she can be found travelling the world as a digital nomad, trawling through car boot sales or rustling up her favourite foods in the kitchen.

Related Posts

25 Responses

1. LandGirl1980

I have 6 tatoos and used to raise money for charity through Tarot readings ๐Ÿ™‚

I too would have been gutted about the Finders Keepers thing ๐Ÿ™

2. Clare B

The new slick blog-look is great.

I have double-jointed baby fingers.

3. Kat

I fancy men with beards and used to collect crystals (closet hippy!)

Great idea for a post- love learning about the writer behind the blog ๐Ÿ™‚

x

4. whatislaate

I used to listen BRMB religiously before school in the mornings! Ahh brum how i miss you so…

5. Ms C @ HappyElastic

How you feel about bananas is how I feel about watermelon. Hate the stuff and won't let it into my house!

6. Fashion Limbo

You mentioned that you had interviewed Sir Alan Parker via Facebook and you also said you did ask him about working with Madonna in Evita, what did he say?? do tell ๐Ÿ˜‰

And a random fact about me, I am one of those Madonna fans that queues for an entire day to see her, and on her last tour I became one of those Madonna fans that seems the same tour several times, in different countries :S

7. Pixie

Finders Keepers – man I loved that programme! I'd have been gutted.

I auditioned for catchphrase once. The catchphrase bit of it was easy, the hard bit was trying to convince them myself and my dad would be good to have on the show. Funny anecdotes on the spot are not easy when you're 11.

8. Elizabeth @rosalilium

LandGirl1980 Those are two really awesome facts. I love the tarot reading for charity idea. I read the Tarot cards too.

Clare B Thanks for the compliment, I am slowly tweaking and improving the site. Do you use your double-jointed fingers as a party trick?

9. Lisa-Marie

Your comments are back! I still can't believe I am such good friends with someone who doesn't like cheese. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Um, I was a runner up in the Pear's Soap baby competition when I was a toot. I am allergic to latex. I don't like peas.

10. Vicky

Finders Keepers was utterly immense, I can't believe you had an audition for it! New blog layout looks grand ๐Ÿ™‚

Erm…. when I was about seven, I knocked a tooth out on Sports Day at school, and I had to sit there with a fat lip and a tooth in a tissue. I have a massive, slightly weird, crush on David Mitchell.

11. Elizabeth @rosalilium

Lisa-Marie Unfortunately there were another 4 or 5 comments here that have disappeared, which is such a shame.
    My cheese aversion gains plenty of disapproving rants from friends, I am used to it.
    I like you 3 facts, there are totally random – and I'm not surprised about the Pears baby comp, I bet you were a right cutie.

Vicky Ha! Your first fact made me thinking awww…how sweet, and then bam! You throw in the David Mitchell crush…

12. Elizabeth @rosalilium

Jessie at Fashion Limbo http://www.blogger.com/profile/03895253976656287477

13. Elizabeth @rosalilium

Ms C @ HappyElastic

14. Elizabeth @rosalilium

Pixiehttp://www.blogger.com/profile/06556307849728068163

Finders Keepers – man I loved that programme! I'd have been gutted.

15. Elizabeth @rosalilium

To Kat – I love crystals too, do you still have your collection?

To Jessie – Sir Alan Parker told me that on Evita she was a tough lady, always great with him but terrorised everyone else on set, especially the hair and make-up team.

To whatislaate – BRMB used to be good back in the day, eh?

Ms C – I'm glad I am not the only one with strange fruit aversions.

To Pixie – I used to love Catchphrase too! That show was rad.

16. Nel

Snazzy looking site!

I've got double jointed thumbs – great for hitching a lift or telling someone to take a hike!

17. Elizabeth @rosalilium

Nel – oooh, more people with double-jointedness!

18. Rachel K

I lived in Alaska for 3 years – completely awesome place. I used to have a crush on my friends older brother. The next time I saw him was YEARS later when I married their other, older, brother!! Weird to admit when he's now my bro-in-law ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Siobhan

I like your facts, but I also love both cheese and bananas. It means more cheese and bananas for me.

There are interesting facts about me I am sure but for now I have none. Not a one. But I like the look of the blog and am glad the post it notes are not really gone.

20. Elizabeth @rosalilium

Rachel K Alaska? Awesome. Is it always cold there? I've always wondered…

SiobhanI am sure there are many interesting things about you…please come back and share when you can think of one ๐Ÿ˜€

21. Kayla Poole

Oh no! Bananas! I feel privileged that you still like me ๐Ÿ˜‰

22. Elizabeth @rosalilium

Kayla Luckily the rest of you is lovely enough to make up for the bananas.